Coal Delivery Process
Unlike many coal providers, Drummond offers a complete system for our clients. We can arraange transport and door-to-door delivery. Often this results in lower cost, faster delivery, and less operational expense for out clients. As a global provider of high-quality coal, we deliver our products globally.
Example of our Coal Delivery Process:
For international customers, we start at one of our two Colombian mines. Our international coal originates from either the Pribbenow or El Descanso mines, which are both located near La Loma, Colombia.
- Step 1: For international customers, we start at one of our two Colombian mines. Our international coal originates from either the Pribbenow or El Descanso mines, which are both located near La Loma, Colombia.
- Step 2: At both Mina Pribbenow and El Descanso, Drummond has draglines in place to remove alluvial soil.
- Step 3: Through drilling and blasting, overburden is loosened and removed so that coal can be more easily extracted. Shovels, apron feeders and haul trucks relocate the overburden to secondary sites for later repurposing.
- Step 4: Once overburden is removed, backhoes load trucks with coal for transport to the mine stockyard and coal load-out system.
- Step 5: Using proprietary techniques established by Drummond, the coal is loaded into railcars directly from Drummond's stockyard.
- Step 6: Once loaded, trains move coal to Puerto Drummond, Ciénaga, Colombia, where it is unloaded into holding areas.
- Step 7: When ocean going vessels are ready for transport, coal is moved via conveyor belt from Puerto Drummond holding areas to waiting barges.
- Step 8: After being fully loaded via conveyor belt, tugs tow the load to floating cranes for loading onto ocean-going vessels.
- Step 9: Finally, coal is loaded onto ocean-going vessels and is delivered to Drummond's customers around the world.